- WELCOME MESSAGE
- Dear Colleagues and Friends,
- It gives me great pleasure to welcome you all to the 15th annual scientic session of China Interventional Therapeutics (CIT) 2017 in partnership with TCT, which will be held on Thursday, March 30 through Sunday, April 2, 2017 at the China National Convention Center. CIT2017 is organized by the Chinese Medical Association, and co-sponsored by National Center for Cardiovascular Diseases of China, CIT Board of Directors, Chinese Society of Cardiology, and Cardiovascular Research Foundation, and supported by 34 international and national societies and well-known heart centers.
- CIT2017 will continue to focus on C-Cooperation, I-Innovation, and T-Transition. Under the core concept and direction, CIT 2017 will oer 1200+ didactic presentations, 600+ abstracts, and 40 live cases in its three-and-half-day program. The grand opening and plenary session will take place on Friday, March 31, 2017. Original researches are presented in the forms of oral and poster abstracts, late-breaking clinical trials, topic-oriented symposia, workshops, and concurrent sessions. Basic research, practical interventional techniques, interventional pharmacology, cardiovascular prevention, and cardiovascular imaging are also covered in-depth. CIT will make an eort to minimize gaps between evidence and practice, and to facilitate and accelerate the incorporation into clinical practice of new therapies with proven safety and ecacy in appropriately conducted clinical trials. The transition theme of CIT also highlights the current and future expansion of interventional cardiovascular practice from treatment of obstructive vascular disease to other common cardiovascular problems including structural heart disease (e.g. aortic stenosis), atrial brillation and hypertension.
- As the largest interventional cardiology meeting in Asia-Pacic region, it is expected that more than 8,000 experts, cardiologists, radiologists, vascular medicine specialists, industrial partners and other health care professionals with a special interest in the eld of interventional cardiology will attend the meeting. Participants will have the opportunities to share scientic information and the latest advances, to exchange expertise in interventional cardiology, to renew our friendship, and to increase worldwide collaboration. CIT2017 will also provide a unique opportunity for the industries to exhibit their new products and to contact with the cardiologists more closely.
- Welcome to Beijing and I look forward to your active participations in CIT2017 in partnership with TCT!
- Sincerely Yours,
- Run-lin Gao, MD, FACC, FESC, FSCAI
- Professor of Medicine
- Chairman, China Interventional Therapeutics